Since the launch of Map-a-Route, our breakthrough route planning software in 2018, we’ve continued to work with local authorities to ensure the software helps to ease the various challenges of winter service.
Map-a-Route gives local authorities and term maintenance contractors the tools to create and map their own winter maintenance routes.
When combined with our vehicle tracking, navigation and automated salt spreading technology it provides a full winter maintenance solution which accurately forecasts winter resources, delivers significant cost savings, and increases gritter driver safety.
Our latest Map-a-Route upgrade has been developed in partnership with user groups and brings new features which will help streamline winter gritting processes.
Keen to find out more, Dom Browne (Editor, Highways Magazine) interviewed Mark Wilcox (Telematics Manager, Exactrak).
Watch the interview to find out:
- How the upgrade tackles the added restrictions from Covid-19 to ensure local authorities can continue to deliver an effective service this winter season
- How a new, unlimited route creation license allows winter service managers to plan an entire suite of primary, secondary, activity and snow routes
- How data from Map-a-Route’s route statistics can aid local authorities in their decision-making process while minimising risk
- How Map-a-Route supports local authorities to achieve compliance, and how it proves compliance has been achieved
- How our winter maintenance solution can deliver cost efficiency savings between 22-27% within local authorities